|Name :||S. MASOOD HUSAIN|
|Date of Birth :||23 June, 1959|
|Contact Details :||e-mail :||firstname.lastname@example.org (Official)|
|Tel :||011-26715351 (O), 011-24106887 (R)|
|Organisation & Address :||Central Water Commission|
|Room No-315 (South)|
|Sewa Bhawan , R.K. Puram Sector-1|
|New Delhi – 110066|
- Membership of Professional Societies
- Institution of Engineers (India)
- Indian Water Resources Society
- Indian Society of Rock Mechanics and Tunneling Technology
- Indian Society of Earthquake Technology
- Academic Qualifications
- M.Tech.(Water Resources), Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
- B.Sc. Engg.(Civil), Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh.
- Work Experience and Core Competencies
- All round experience of more than 36 years in water resources sector involving resource assessment, project planning, design, execution, safety assurance, funds management, etc.
- Planning of water resources projects for hydropower and irrigation including regional planning for optimum water resources utilization.
- Comprehensive design consultancy of mega hydropower and multipurpose projects like Nathpa Jhakri HE Project (Himachal Pradesh), Indira (Narmada) Sagar and Omkareshwer H.E.Project (Madhya Pradesh) involving detailed designs/drawings for the concrete dam, water conductor system/tunnel, surge shaft, power house and other appurtenant structures.
- All aspects of flood management including revision of comprehensive flood managements plans of Ganga basin, techno economic appraisal and monitoring of flood management schemes.
- Handling of bilateral issues related to inundation and flood management as leader of the Indian side of the Indo-Nepal Joint Committee on Inundation and Flood Management.
- Managing funding programme for flood management schemes of Ganga basin States
- Management and coordination of Research & Development Programme of the Ministry of Water Resources, management and disbursement of R&D funds, formulation of R&D policy and vision document.
- Dam safety assurance and management of dam safety programmes, dam break studies and preparation of disaster management plans.
- Planning and design of foundations and related structures for water resources projects including remedial measures for the special problems pertaining to foundations.
- Co-ordination and monitoring of investigation of irrigation and multipurpose projects in North-eastern region and preparation of DPR.Coordination of hydrological observations and flood forecasting activities in Brahmaputra and Barak basin.